#OmegaDay 2022 – Everything You Need to Know
Our first look at Omega last March was met with a mix of curiosity and trepidation. Some rushed to speculate about the young girl’s heritage and possible Force sensitivity, while others began to voice concern that the new kid would somehow derail the series; Star Wars fans have never been particularly welcoming of children or teenaged characters, even in television series aimed at younger audiences.
But despite any initial misgivings, fans were soon won over by her charm, her unwavering spirit, and her wholesome relationships with her clone siblings. And we thought we’d celebrate the anniversary of her introduction to the Star Wars galaxy of characters by launching our very first #OmegaDay!
So, What Is “Omega Day”?
Omega Day is a new annual online event that will be held on Twitter every March 30 to commemorate the public debut of Omega and celebrate her growing fanbase. As you may remember, the mysterious young clone was first introduced on March 30, 2021, in the trailer for the first season of Star Wars: The Bad Batch.
This March 30, you’re all invited to share your love for Omega with us on Twitter and spread some Bad Batch cheer with fellow fans of the series. Scroll down for some tips on how you can take part in our online event!
When Will It Be Held?
The first annual Omega Day will take place on Twitter on March 30, 2022, so mark your calendars! The event will be hosted by All Things Omega and promises to be a fun social media event for fans of The Bad Batch.
This event will be taking place on Twitter but you’re more than welcome to celebrate it on your other social media channels if you prefer. Just tag your posts with the hashtag #OmegaDay and encourage others to join in the fun!
How Can I Celebrate Omega Day? Are There Any Rules?
There’s no wrong way to celebrate Omega Day so long as you keep things friendly, on topic, and “safe for work”. I will be posting a few prompts on Twitter to encourage discussion – keep an eye out for those on March 30 – but here are some ways you and your social media friends can celebrate this special occasion:
- Talk about what you like about Omega or what she means to you as a fan.
- Talk about your favourite Omega scenes from the first season of The Bad Batch.
- Talk about what you’d like to see her do in season two.
- Share your Omega fan art, craft projects, or cosplay pictures.
- Share any relevant articles, podcasts, or YouTube videos of yours.
- Share any Omega memes, GIFs, or Tiktoks you’ve made.
- Post photos of your Omega merch (official or fan-made).
- Post a tweet about the voice actor who voiced Omega in your region’s version of The Bad Batch.
- Let others know about Omega Day!
If you have any questions about Omega Day 2022, feel free to get in touch by either leaving a reply below or contacting me via Twitter (@StarWarsOmega). Let’s make March 30 a day to remember!
- The Many Voices of Omega – From Ang to Z
- Where to Buy Fan-Made Omega Merchandise
- ‘Bad Batch’ Fan Artists Celebrate Halloween